Journey of the Lotus – PMADs Awareness Workshop
July 22 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| $15 - $20
Journey of the Lotus – the 8 Petal Journey from Seed to Blossom!
An Awareness Workshop on breaking the Stigma of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs).
Two-hour workshop for moms suffering with PMAD’s, expecting moms, moms with newborns, moms with questions about PMADs and open for any mom who wants to come! Husbands, partners, family and friends are welcome too! Hapa Yoga Instructor Diana Curiel has designed a program with the intention to normalize, educate and break the stigma on Maternal Mental Health.
Workshop includes a 1 hour overview and discussion of PMADs, followed by a 1 hour Gentle Yoga practice with Reiki energy healing!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What is PMAD?
- Difference between Baby Blues and PMAD?
- Symptoms of Perinatal Depression, Perinatal Anxiety, Perinatal PTSD, Perinatal Bipolar Disorder and Perinatal Psychosis.
- Risk factors – Biological, Psychological and Social.
- Exploration of the 8 petals of the program (listed below). Sharing of personal experiences + Q&A.
- Resources and tools. YOGA! a Great tool for PMAD’s!
What is Journey of the Lotus?
A space where Mothers suffering from Perinatal Mood or Anxiety Disorder can come to feel safe, supported, move, connect, ground, unite with baby and flow as one.
Using powerful tools such as Peer Support, Breath-Mindfulness, Mommy & Baby Yoga and Reiki makes the path of recovery much stronger and the benefits endless.
Up to 20% of all pregnant women and new moms will develop a perinatal mood or anxiety disorder (PMAD) that requires treatment. These include postpartum depression or anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder and (rarely) postpartum psychosis.
This 8 petal (part) program is for the mom in treatment, for the mom who doesn’t know if she needs treatment, for the mom who doesn’t want medical treatment and for any mom who wants to be part of a mindful recovery. It will take you on the journey of recovery, with each petal designed to explore the important matters of the path while building a blooming community.
Journey of the Lotus 8 petal program:
- Petal 1: The News! (You are Pregnant!) Exploring the feelings when learning “My Life is about to change forever”.
- Petal 2: Pregnancy. Talking about the 9-month transformation. Bliss? Hell? or in between? Mind Body Soul. My Environment.
- Petal 3: Delivery. Sharing the Birth Experience and everything that embodied the process.
- Petal 4: Home Arrival. Baby is home and may be attached to me 24/7 We discuss the transition from 1 to 2 or from 2 to 3 or 2 to how many is that…?
- Petal 5: Mental State. Motherhood the most Amazing time of my life !/? Why do I feel this way? Is this normal?
- Petal 6: The Diagnosis. Now what? I am not my Diagnosis! We talk about where we are and where we want to be to feel our Best!
- Petal 7: The Journey. We are NOT ALONE! Now that we know where we are, what can we do to empower each other? Providing Tools and resources for additional support.
- Petal 8. I’m starting to feel like myself again! Yes this won’t last forever! Keeping each other accountable in the Journey of Recovery!
Journey of the Lotus was created for the mom on the journey by a mom who’s traveled the path! TOGETHER WE BLOOM 🌸
Price: $15 Monthly Members / $20 Non-Members