Yoga Nidra: Love is in the Air (Hot Air Balloon)
February 14 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm| $10
Join Dawn Deratany for a Hot Air Balloon Journey in the Love is In the Air meditation Yoga Nidra practice!
Yoga Nidra “yogic sleep” is a guided meditation that brings you to the state of consciousness between being awake and asleep. While resting in savasana or a comfortable seated position, this guided meditation will help to quiet the mind and unwind the nervous system as you take a journey through the koshas (physical, energy, mind/emotional, wisdom, and bliss) and connect to your body.
Using a combination of breath awareness, heart felt intention, sense awareness, body scanning along with imagery and visualizations, this practice allows you to explore your true self.
Benefits of a regular Yoga Nidra Practice:
- Improves the quality of your sleep and the amount of your sleep.
Ability to better manage chronic and acute pain.
Soothes your autonomic nervous system.
- Enhances your mental focus and attention span.
- Improves your creativity and whole brain functioning.
- Gives you more ease and peace of mind in daily life.
- Helps create new neural pathways in your brain leading to healthy habits & routines.
The class will consist of an overview of yoga nidra, gentle stretching, and then you will settle into savsana (or other pose if you prefer) to experience a yogic journey connecting to your body and your inner self. Open to all levels and no experience is required.